Looking to set up and run your own tournament? Well, we’ve got you covered.
Through our partnership with Community Gaming, the Play2Learn Foundation (P2L) provides prize pool grants to grassroots tournament organizers. To date, we’ve donated over $250,000 in grants, and that’s just the beginning!
These grants are a key element of the P2L Foundation’s broader mission to promote financial inclusion and technological literacy among young entrepreneurs, giving them the education and resources necessary to navigate the emerging metaverse. By running esports and gaming tournaments, organizers can:
- Provide a versatile learning platform with the potential to improve academic performance
- Foster a healthy competitive mindset
- Engage other gamers by stimulating their passion for gaming while teaching life skills
- Act as role models in their communities
Below you are welcome to apply for participation in the Play2Learn Foundation Grant Program and host your next tournament with us at Community Gaming!
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PLAY2LEARN FOUNDATION GRANT
The first step of the grant program is to apply as a Community Tournament Organizer. Please request access to create tournaments on Community Gaming website:
NOTE: The program is currently not available for total beginners — you need to have some basic previous experience in organizing tournaments. In the future, the Play2Learn Foundation plans to offer courses on this topic. You may then be able to apply to learn all the relevant skills to organize a tournament. In the meantime, you can check out Community Gaming’s Discord for bi-weekly coffee hours that are geared toward educating newer tournament organizers.
Before you apply, please prepare the following details:
- Your Community Gaming username
- Tournament name, start date, and region
- Game (If not listed, please select ‘Other’)
- Estimated player count
- Information about your prize pool, including the currency you will be offering
- Links to previous tournaments
As a Community Tournament Organizer, you’ll gain access to:
- Marketing support from Community Gaming, including, but not limited to:
- Featured tournaments on the platform.
- Posts in the Community Gaming Discord, a community of over 20,000 individuals!
- Highlight posts and retweets from @CommunityGaming on Twitter, with a reach of 15,500 followers.
- As a growing platform, Community Gaming will always work to directly incorporate your thoughts and feedback into its platform updates.
- Potential prize pool funding from the Play2Learn Foundation Grant Program.
Once you have completed step one as a tournament organizer, you can proceed to the next stage in the program and apply for a grant:
Grant Application Form: https://bit.ly/CG-GrantApp
Grant Program Guidelines & FAQ: https://bit.ly/CG-GrantFAQ
And that’s it! If you have additional questions after reviewing the grant guidelines, please let us know in the Community Gaming Discord Server or by emailing NACommunityOps@communitygaming.io.
ABOUT THE P2L FOUNDATION
The Play2Learn Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides gamers and entrepreneurs with inspiration, education, and the resources needed to navigate the emerging web3 metaverse by promoting financial inclusion and technological literacy. With 1.6 billion people without access to a bank account, the Play2Learn Foundation focuses on numerous educational initiatives and social impact programs to promote financial inclusion and technological literacy to young gamers around the globe.
ABOUT COMMUNITY GAMING
Community Gaming is an all-in-one esports competition platform, building cutting edge infrastructure to foster the growth of Web3 gaming and esports. Through its seamless UX and efficient Ethereum and Polygon-based blockchain payment technology, the platform equips players, competition organizers, and game developers with the tools they need to create, facilitate, and participate in esports tournaments. Community Gaming believes in Earnings for Everyone, offering opportunities to monetize their passion for gaming through completing Quests, a daily content engine for earnings and game discovery.
Connect with us at CommunityGaming.io, or on Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Facebook and Twitch.