Esport & Gaming grant
Tournament Organizers, Apply!
Looking to set up and run your own tournament? Well, we’ve got you covered. Through our partnership with Community Gaming, the Play2Learn Foundation (P2L) provides prize pool grants to grassroots tournament organizers. To date, we’ve donated over $250,000 in grants, and that’s just the beginning!
These grants are a key element of the P2L Foundation’s broader mission to promote financial inclusion and technological literacy among young entrepreneurs, giving them the education and resources necessary to navigate the emerging metaverse. By running esports and gaming tournaments, organizers can:
- Provide a versatile learning platform with the potential to improve academic performance
- Foster a healthy competitive mindset
- Engage other gamers by stimulating their passion for gaming while teaching life skills
- Act as role models in their communities
Below you are welcome to apply for participation in the Play2Learn Foundation Grant Program and host your next tournament with us at Community Gaming!
Before you apply, please prepare the following details:
- Your Community Gaming username
- Tournament name, start date, and region
- Game (If not listed, please select ‘Other’)
- Estimated player count
- Information about your prize pool, including the currency you will be offering
- Links to previous tournaments
The first step of the grant program is to apply as a Community Tournament Organizer. Please request access to create tournaments on Community Gaming website:
NOTE: The program is currently not available for total beginners — you need to have some basic previous experience in organizing tournaments. In the future, the Play2Learn Foundation plans to offer courses on this topic. You may then be able to apply to learn all the relevant skills to organize a tournament. In the meantime, you can check out Community Gaming’s Discord for bi-weekly coffee hours that are geared towards educating newer tournament organizers.
As a Community Tournament Organizer, you’ll gain access to:
- Marketing support from Community Gaming, including, but not limited to:
- Featured tournaments on the platform.
- Posts in the Community Gaming Discord, a community of almost 27,000 individuals!
- Highlight posts and retweets from @CommunityGaming on Twitter, with a reach of over 15,800 followers.
- As a growing platform, Community Gaming will always work to directly incorporate your thoughts and feedback into its platform updates.
- Potential prize pool funding from the Play2Learn Foundation Grant Program.
Once you have completed step one as a tournament organizer, you can proceed to the next stage in the program and apply for a grant:
Our mission is to promote financial inclusion and technological literacy among young entrepreneurs, providing them with the education and resources necessary to navigate the emerging metaverse.
P2L aims to make a positive social impact using video games and web3 educational programs. The Foundation is committed to elevating the philanthropic sector through cutting-edge gaming initiatives and web3 solutions.
P2L Foundation believes games have an incredible potential for transforming education, encouraging social cohesiveness, creating sustainable economies, and stimulating innovation. Games have been used successfully in various fields to achieve these goals – particularly in health care, economic development, and education.